Character and Healthy Lifestyle Education: Smart Moves age-appropriate curriculum, Passport to Manhood, Smart Girls and Money Smarts.
Academic Support: We provide homework help (Power Hour) every school day and emphasize the importance of reading through:
- Stride Academy learning software on 100 computers (over 450,000 reading questions were answered on-line last year)
- 4 Bookworm vending machines
- Summer Club Read with United Way of Midland
- Reading Olympics with Midland Junior League
- Annual Community Literacy Events in Odessa yearly
- Annual partnership with Literacy Coalition of the Permian Basin for new books for club kids (Grant Based)
- Two dedicated library rooms
- $6,000+ was spent to purchase books and magazines last year.
Daily Hot Meal: is served at no charge. Last year we served 73,400+ meals and 17,000+ snacks.
- School meals, Summer meals, Summer Snack
- Partnership with West Texas Food Bank
Field Trips: Camping trips, swimming, roller skating, bowling, planetarium, zoo, semi-pro football games, and baseball games; Monahans Sand Hills, Lubbock Science Spectrum, Dallas Zoo, Six Flags Over Texas, Lake Nasworthy fishing trip.
Arts & Crafts: art teacher shared between four Clubs, photography (national BGCA winner), painting, drawing, printmaking, cooking, textiles, woodworking, pottery, and ceramics. In addition, the Art Department at UTPB is very involved in our art program.
Gardening: now at three Clubs!
Game Room: pool, ping pong, air hockey, foosball, shuffle ball, body movement video games, scavenger hunts, checkers, board games, movie theater with wholesome movies, popcorn machine, concession stand.
Special Events: back-to-school supplies, fall festival, pumpkin carving, Thanksgiving, Santa, cookouts, coat, and shoe distribution.
Sports Programs: judo, boxing, volleyball, basketball, flag football, tackle football and cheer.